Current Role(s): Global Head of Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology and Immunology
Bill is responsible for leading Sanofi Genzyme’s Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology and Immunology franchises. He joined in 2011 as Senior Vice President and Head of Multiple Sclerosis, serving in that role until being appointed to his current position in 2015. Bill has more than 20 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry. Prior to Sanofi Genzyme, Bill held various leadership positions at Biogen Idec, including Senior Vice President of U.S. Commercial operations for their neurology, oncology and rheumatology franchises. He was also Chief Commercial Officer for Avanir Pharmaceuticals, where he led the company’s commercial activities.
- Senior Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals
- President and Chief Executive Officer, Lycera Corporation
- Senior Vice President of U.S. Commercial and various leadership positions for MS products, Biogen Idec
- M.B.A., Harvard University
- B.A., Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University