Our goal is to make a positive impact on patients and communities globally. With that in mind, we support a diversified group of philanthropic causes. Giving takes place at all levels of our company, ranging from large corporate donations, to cash contributions distributed by specific departments, to the generosity of our individual employees. Always keeping in mind that support goes beyond financial contributions, we aim to establish meaningful partnerships with those whose values we share and whose actions truly drive change.
Sanofi Genzyme’s contributions program distributes millions of dollars in donations each year to recipients around the world, with our largest corporate donations often supporting major initiatives in science or healthcare at nonprofits, research institutions, and global humanitarian organizations. We also review proposals and fund many types of contributions, including research fellowships, event sponsorships, community group funding, and more.
Funded by our Medical Affairs and Science organizations, Sanofi Genzyme offers grants to support scientific progress in our areas of disease and therapeutic focus. We also have a program to fund research initiated by outside scientists whose work aligns with our areas of interest.
Contributions in areas of disease and therapeutic focus include:
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rare Genetic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Thyroid Cancer
Sanofi Genzyme provides contributions to hospitals, research institutions, disease organizations, and medical education programs demonstrating our continued commitment to expand medical knowledge and improve healthcare standards worldwide.
Sanofi Genzyme's Community Relations group supports the communities in which we operate around the world. With the goal of creating sustainable partnerships that have a lasting impact, we provide contributions to non-profit organizations focused on science education, access to health care, and other community needs in areas of the United States where Sanofi Genzyme has a business presence.
Here are a few of Sanofi Genzyme's larger areas of focus in contributions and giving.
As part of our commitment to expanding medical knowledge and improving standards of health care worldwide, Sanofi Genzyme distributes many contributions to hospitals, research institutions, disease organizations, and medical education programs. Funded by our Medical Affairs and Science organizations, these grants target efforts in our areas of disease and therapeutic focus. We also have a program to fund research initiated by outside scientists whose work aligns with our areas of interest.
Sanofi Genzyme's Community Relations group is dedicated to supporting the communities in which we operate around the world. To that end, it extends contributions to non-profit organizations focused on science education, access to health care, and other community needs in areas of the U.S. where Sanofi Genzyme has a business presence. Our priority is to create sustainable partnerships that can have a lasting impact, often by funding the same groups, programs, and initiatives over multiple years. In 2015 we awarded over $1,900,000 in Community Relations contributions to nearly 100 organizations.
Here are some highlights of Sanofi Genzyme's philanthropic efforts across our various categories of giving:
- Cambridge School Volunteers –Since 1999, we have given over $180,000 in Community Relations contribution to support this Massachusetts group's Reading Buddies Program, in which our employees participate by reading one-on-one to first and second grade students throughout the school year.
- MetroWest Free Medical Program – Sanofi Genzyme began its partnership with this organization in 2008 and in 2015 gave another $10,000 Community Relations contribution that helped this organization offer opportunities for low-income, uninsured women to access health care services.
- West End House Boys and Girls Club – Since 2009, Community Relations contributions have supported the organization’s annual fundraising event that raises vital money to ensure year-round programs focused on academic support and college preparation, leadership and life skills, visual and performing arts, and fitness and nutrition.
- Science Club for Girls – Over the past ten years Community Relations contributions, amounting to over $170,000, have helped the Science Club for Girls develop and host Science Clubs in new communities throughout the Boston area.
- Boston HealthCare For the Homeless Program Inc. – In 2016, a $35,000 Community Relations contribution assisted this organization in providing basic essential items to homeless and extremely low-income individuals who use their health services.