Joann Nestor, Head of Legal
Joann Nestor is responsible for leading Sanofi Genzyme’s legal organization, working in close partnership with the global business unit to achieve Sanofi Genzyme’s strategic priorities.
She manages a team of lawyers and support staff who ensure support for Sanofi Genzyme’s Rare Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Immunology and Oncology franchises both directly and in partnership with law firms and attorneys throughout Sanofi’s legal organization. Joann has over 24 years of experience in the legal field and more than 16 years in the biopharmaceutical industry. She is a member of the Sanofi Genzyme Executive Leadership Team and Sanofi’s Legal Steering Committee.
- Vice President, Legal Industrial Affairs, Sanofi
- Vice President, Legal for Quality, Consent Decree & Industrial Operations, Genzyme Corporation
- Managing Corporate Counsel, Genzyme Corporation
- Vice President & Senior/Managing Counsel, GelTex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Corporate Counsel, GelTex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Associate, Ropes & Gray
- J.D., Boston University School of Law
- B.A., Hamilton College