Our commitment to patients extends beyond developing therapies. We’re also here to help patients obtain access to treatment through a variety of programs and resources.
For patients in the U.S.
We understand obtaining access to treatment can be complicated. To help, we have remained committed to developing patient support services and programs that provide assistance, including:
- Helping patients navigate the complexities of their insurance plans (both private and public)
- Researching alternative forms of funding and reimbursement
- Providing free or subsidized treatment for eligible patients with no other options
- Access to educational resources and programs for patients to learn more about their disease and treatment
- Assigning individual case managers who work one-on-one with qualified patients in the U.S. to help obtain ongoing access to treatment
Committed to maintaining this level of service, we continue to closely monitor the health care environment to understand how changes in public policy, the private insurance market, and other areas may affect patients.
Our U.S. Support Programs
Outside the United States, medical care is often managed and funded by national governments. In such countries, we work with governments in an effort to provide the information needed to help make our treatments accessible to citizens covered by national health services.
In developing countries, we help physicians and local authorities build sustainable health care systems that can help pay for critical treatment. Where such systems do not yet exist, our Humanitarian Programs work to increase patient access to treatment for qualified patients in the interim until longer-term, sustainable solutions can be established locally. If you live outside the U.S. and need assistance getting or paying for treatment, talk to your health care providers or a local patient organization. You can also contact Sanofi Genzyme in your region.