We provide contributions to support diverse organizations and initiatives that we believe can make a meaningful difference in the world.
Our philanthropic philosophy
Our goal is to make a positive impact on patients and communities globally. With that in mind, we support a diversified group of philanthropic causes. Giving takes place at all levels of our company, ranging from large corporate donations, to cash contributions distributed by specific departments, to the generosity of our individual employees. Always keeping in mind that support goes beyond financial contributions, we aim to establish meaningful partnerships with those whose values we share and whose actions truly drive change.
What we support
Our contributions program distributes millions of dollars in donations each year to recipients around the world, with our largest corporate donations often supporting major initiatives in science or healthcare at nonprofits, research institutions, and global humanitarian organizations. We also review proposals and fund many types of contributions, including research fellowships, event sponsorships, community group funding, and more. Following are the primary types of contributions we distribute.
Contributions aligned with our therapeutic areas of focus
Funded by our Medical Affairs and Science organizations, we support scientific progress in our areas of disease and therapeutic focus:
- Atopic dermatitis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rare genetic diseases
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Thyroid cancer
We contribute to non-profit organizations, hospitals, research institutions, disease organizations, and medical education programs that target efforts in these areas, and have a program to fund research initiated by outside scientists whose work aligns with our areas of interest.
For sponsorship requests targeted toward scientists and researchers in some of Sanofi’s other areas of focus, including diabetes, renal, immune-mediated diseases, neurobiology, cystic fibrosis, gene therapies, and biomaterials, visit the Corporate Giving section on the Sanofi U.S. website to find information and application details
Research and medical education contributions
We provide contributions to hospitals, research institutions, disease organizations, and medical education programs demonstrating our continued commitment to expand medical knowledge and improve healthcare standards worldwide.
Community relations contributions
Our Community Relations group supports the communities in which we operate around the world. With the goal of creating sustainable partnerships that have a lasting impact, we provide contributions to non-profit organizations focused on science education, access to health care, and other community needs, specifically in areas of the U.S. where we have a business presence. Community Relations contributions are only available to certified non-profit organizations, and for specific programs and initiatives, not for general operating expenses or capital campaigns.
Contribution success stories
Here are some highlights of our philanthropic efforts across our various categories of giving:
- Cambridge School Volunteers –Since 1999, we have given over $180,000 in Community Relations contribution to support this Massachusetts group's Reading Buddies Program, in which our employees participate by reading one-on-one to first and second grade students throughout the school year.
- MetroWest Free Medical Program – we began our partnership with this organization in 2008 and in 2015 gave another $10,000 Community Relations contribution that helped this organization offer opportunities for low-income, uninsured women to access health care services.
- West End House Boys and Girls Club – Since 2009, Community Relations contributions have supported the organization’s annual fundraising event that raises vital money to ensure year-round programs focused on academic support and college preparation, leadership and life skills, visual and performing arts, and fitness and nutrition.
- Science Club for Girls – Over the past ten years Community Relations contributions, amounting to over $170,000, have helped the Science Club for Girls develop and host Science Clubs in new communities throughout the Boston area.
- Boston HealthCare For the Homeless Program Inc. – In 2016, a $35,000 Community Relations contribution assisted this organization in providing basic essential items to homeless and extremely low-income individuals who use their health services.
Committed to Transparency
We are committed to working with national and community-based organizations to make a difference in patients’ lives. We support patient organizations and professional associations including initiatives of external, independent, not-for-profit organizations that align with our corporate vision and values. These organizations are generally healthcare-oriented and focus on one or more of the therapeutic areas in which we are actively involved. We view our support through financial contributions as opportunities to establish meaningful partnerships with those whose values we share and whose actions truly drive change.
Sanofi Genzyme is a business unit of Sanofi. See Sanofi's full Commitment to Transparency.