The Genzyme Co-Pay Assistance Program helps eligible individuals in the United States who are prescribed treatment with one of Genzyme’s enzyme replacement therapies pay for their eligible out-of-pocket drug and infusion-related (mixing and administration of the drug as well as infusion supplies such as saline, IV tubing, etc.) expenses, including co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles, regardless of financial status.
Once enrolled in Genzyme's Co-Pay Assistance Program, Genzyme will cover 100% of your eligible out-of-pocket drug and infusion-related costs up to the program maximum.
Once approved for assistance, your healthcare provider will be provided with information about your enrollment in this program along with directions on how to submit a claim to the Genzyme Co-Pay Assistance Program.
Regardless of financial status, the program is open to individuals who:
- Have primary commercial insurance
- Are prescribed treatment with one of Genzyme's enzyme replacement therapies
- Are enrolled in Genzyme's Charitable Access Program
- Have coverage or prescriptions paid for in part or full under any state or federally funded healthcare program including:
- Medicare Advantage Plans (Example: FreedomBlue offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Medicare Part D
- Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense or TRICARE
- In accordance with State law, the Program does not reimburse infusion-related charges for patients residing in Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota and Rhode Island.
Genzyme reserves the right to make eligibility determinations, to set program benefit maximums, to monitor participation, and to modify or discontinue the program at any time. This program assists patients with their out-of-pocket drug and infusion-related costs of their enzyme replacement therapy treatment only, not the cost of MD office visits/evaluations, nursing services/observation periods, blood work, x-rays or other testing, pre-medications/other medications, Epi pens, transportation or other related services.
You complete the program application
Simply complete the online application available here.
Helpful information to have on hand when you apply:
- Your treating Physician's contact information
- Your health insurance card
You can also call your Genzyme Case Manager directly to learn more about the program and application process at 1-800-745-4447, Option 3
Your eligibility is verified
Your application will be reviewed for eligibility.
If you are eligible, you will be automatically enrolled in the program. Enrollment in the program is subject to confirmation of eligibility.
Once approved, you will receive confirmation letter and an enrollment card within 7-10 days. Contact your Genzyme Case Manager if you do not receive this confirmation.
Your doctor or specialty pharmacy will also receive a phone call with instructions on how to submit claims for reimbursement through the program.
Your enrollment in the program is effective from the date of approval through the end of the calendar year (calendar year is January 1 through December 31).
If you are currently enrolled in our Co-Pay Assistance Program you will be automatically enrolled in the program for the next calendar year (January 1 through December 31) unless you decide to opt out of the program or your insurance coverage changes.